Phew! I am tireeed ;). This week has been a little crazy busy, but there have been three things that made it much much easier:
1. Josh’s Mom being in town until Tuesday morning. She was a HUGE help in terms of taking care of Josh. He is starting to feel better. Yayy!
2. Easy Meals. I made Josh and his Mom a Shrimp, veggie and mozzarella pasta on Sunday night. I heated up a small amount of olive oil in a large skillet and sautéed the yellow squash. I removed the squash to a separate bowl and then cooked up the shrimp with garlic and red pepper flakes. Meanwhile, I cooked the pasta according to the package directions. I drained the pasta and then added it into the bowl with the squash, added the shrimp, fresh mozzarella chunks, a small amount of additional olive oil and the juice from half of a fresh lemon. Easy peasy:
3. Meals out. Although I usually prefer to cook and eat at home, it is nice to have a good meal out when you’re feeling a little overwhelmed. I saw Christina’s post on La Pizzeria earlier this week and happened to stumble across the restaurant with Josh and his Mom on Monday night. The restaurant definitely does not have a glamorous location, but you can never judge a book by its cover.
We started with the garlic knots with fresh marinara. Although the garlic knots were tasty, the sauce is what really made this appetizer amazing. The waiter informed us that they import most of their ingredients from Italy. Next up, I ordered a Greek salad. I love Greek salads from hole in the wall spots, they’re always the best and this one did not disappoint. The feta dressing was amazing. Simple!
Afterwards, we had to get dessert ;) We took a quick hop over to Fresh Berry. I got the no sugar added vanilla with kiwi, cherries and pineapple (my sugar add ins). Deliciousness.
And since its workout Wednesday, my schedule for the week:
- Monday: Taught Body Pump & Step
- Tuesday: Taught Body Step
- Wednesday: Not sure…maybe some ET and a light jog? Or I may pop in a Body Attack DVD
- Thursday: Teach 45 minute Step, 45 minute Pump
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: Teach Step
- Sunday: Off
What is your schedule looking like? Have you made any good desserts lately? I’m looking for some ideas- links are welcomed!!