How has your week been so far? Mine has been very nice. Aside from the usual work & working out, I have been able to spend some time with Josh & Frank, fabulous friends (Happy Birthday Mandi!):
and even fit in a little baking! Vegan pumpkin chip mini muffins:
As always, my nights have been a little more on the busy side. In order to make sure we still have tasty and healthy dinners, I’ve been doing my usual prep ahead of time. Two products from Schwan’s (disclaimer: I received these products for free) have made this even simpler! First off, Schwan’s sent me individually packaged chicken breast filets:
These filets are the perfect size and have made preparing Josh’s dinners a snap:
I also tried their fabulous Mini Bow Tie Pasta and Vegetable blend mix:
Pasta & veggies with no other strange additives in one bag? Winner! This product can be the perfect side dish or main dish (with a few simple add ins). So far, I have made a Mexican-ish vegetarian main dish using the pasta/vegetable blend. I simply cooked the mixture up according to the package directions (which took less than 8 minutes total). Next, I added in drained and rinsed black beans, additional corn (cut right off the cob) and salsa.
Later, I topped the dish with cheese. Other topping ideas: sour cream, cheese, Greek yogurt, jalapenos.
Other fun ideas for the mixture:
- Mixed with marinara and mozzarella cheese cubes
- Baked in the oven with mini meatballs and marinara
- Cooked, then chilled, topped with a little olive oil, lemon juice, parmesan cheese and served cold as a pasta salad.
- Mixed in and baked into a frittata
I can’t wait to try all of the above! This Schwan’s product and many others are perfect for easy dinners (especially given its back-to-school time!). Like I said, the above took me literally about 10 minutes to prepare and I think most of their products can go from freezer to table in 30 minutes or less. Thank you Schwan’s!
And since its workout Wednesday, my plan for the week:
- Monday: Ran to warm up, taught Body Pump
- Tuesday: Taught Body Attack
- Wednesday: Morning run outside!!
- Thursday: Teach 45 minute Body Step, 45 minute Body Pump
- Friday: Off
- Saturday: Les Mills quarterly (aka almost a full day of taking Les Mills classes- can’t wait!)
- Sunday: Off
What is your workout plan this week?
Another big Happy Birthday out to Josh’s brother Justin!!