Happy Friday! How was your week? The second half of mine has been pretty relaxing & wonderful. I have gotten a lot done around the house, spent some time in the sun and even went for a nice run today. Lindsay and I were going to run the bridge tonight, but she developed a terrible cold (send her some loving!). So instead, I ran 5.75 miles outside this morning. It was hot, but glorious. The best form of stress relief (in my opinion).
1. Run in the morning or later at night. In the South, its usually cooler in the mornings.
2. Hydrate well before and after (and during if its a longer run)
3. Listen to your body, if you don’t feel good…STOP and walk!
4. Build up. Start by running shorter distances or just walking. Then, slowly increase your distance.
5. Pick a shady path. The sun can be a killer- so pick a path with more shade.
A few weeks ago, I had amazing panzanella salad at Evo and I have dreaming about it ever since. I decided to try my hand at a homemade version tonight and added in some sweetness with cantaloupe.
- 2 tomatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/8-1/4 a cantaloupe- cut into bite sized pieces or balled
- 3 oz fresh mozzarella (part skim) or goat cheese
- bread (I used Arnold's thins)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- spice mixture (I used TJs 21 salute seasoning)
Mix together all ingredients except bread and place in fridge for 1-2 hours.
Preheat broiler and toast bread on both sides.
Tear bread into pieces and mix in with other ingredients, serve.
Simple & delicious. Makes 2 larger servings.
What are you up to for the rest of the weekend? I am teaching Step tomorrow morning and my Mama is coming down to take class. After, we are planning on lunch and shopping. Other than that??? Hopefully relaxing with Josh and this guy: