Friday, July 2, 2010

Ariosto Seasoning & A winner

Happy Friday! This week was just totally out of control for me. I could not be more thrilled that its a three day weekend. What are your plans? Ours are a little up in the air but should include a family BBQ and lots of time with friends.

On Wednesday, Josh and I grilled. We had some random food items that needed to be used up, so we tossed them all on the BBQ.  A few weeks ago, I received a fun set of seasonings from the people at Ariosto (disclaimer: I received this product for free, but opinions are my own!).

 P1090141

The seasonings are designed for specific uses- chicken, fish, potatoes, etc. I had sweet potato I need to use up so I chopped it up, topped with a little oil and the Ariosto potato seasoning. I cooked it on the grill in a foil pack.

P1090150 I really enjoyed the seasoning- it had a strong rosemary flavor, but was not overpowering. As noted on the Ariosto website: “Ariosto seasonings are natural as they don’t contain preservatives, colourings or Monosodium glutamate (MSG).” I can’t wait to use the fish & chicken seasonings in some fun dishes for Josh!

We grilled up a bundle of other items including some burgers for Josh, corn, and a tasty bean mixture:

 P1090145 

And, of course, we had giant bowls of cantaloupe on the side (mmmm):

P1090152

And now, the winner of the $150 one time use CSN Stores gift certificate is….Nicole at Geek Turned Athlete!! Email me at Itzyskitchen at gmail dot com and I will get you certificate information sent to you.

Today is a mixed bag over here- doctors appointment, brunch with a friend, work, lots of errands & housework. Happy (almost) 4th!!!

28 comments:

Jessica @ How Sweet said...

Have a great weekend, lovely! :)

Kerr said...

have a great weekend!

Autumn @Good Eats Girl said...

Have a wonderful weekend!!!

TiffersRunsTX said...

Have an amazing weekend, sweets! I'm looking forward to your Fourth of July adventures and noms!

Congrats, Nicole! That's perfect timing, moving back to the States!

Beth @ DiningAndDishing said...

I have to work on Monday which makes me very sad!! But I still plan to have fun on Saturday instead :).

I hope you and Josh have an awesome fourth!

ktbwood said...

HAPPY WEEKEND GIRL!!!

Jenna said...

Have a fabulous 4th of July weekend!

Christina said...

that seasoning company contacted me on facebook and i thought it was so weird and random that i didn't respond to their sample. whooooooops. i hope you have a relaxing weekend!!

Pam said...

Congrats to the winner! I received those seasonings also and they are so good! Happy 4th to ya...enjoy!

Megan D said...

That sounds good, I love rosemary! And I could seriously eat canteloupe aaalll day long. Actually, I often do. :)

Lindsay @ http://pancakesnpajamas.blogspot.com/ said...

Can you believe how insanely gorgeous it is today? I'm pretty happy I took a half day today! Hope you get some serious relaxation in this weekend. Guess what we're introducing mom and dad to tonight...FRESH BERRY! Bet you knew I was going to day that! XOXO

Lauren said...

Dont you just love grilling in unbelievable weather? There is nothing more satisfying. Tonight, I plan to grill pizza and have wine on the patio. Fantastic!

Have a great weekend love!

Kelsey said...

rosemary goes SO WELL with sweet potatoes and yams :) mmm and basil/oregano are really good with it too! <3

*Naomi* said...

i LOVE rosemary on potatoes! it is just so good and on the grill SCREAMS summer!! i hope you have the best weekend and happy fourth!!!

tam said...

I had grilled corn for the first time yesterday and its soooooo good! Loved it, have a good weekend x x

The Blonde Duck said...

I really need to do the foil pack thing.

Maria said...

Have a great 4th of July weekend! Congrats to the winner!

Nutritious is Delicious said...

Happy July 4th Weekend! :)

Averie (LoveVeggiesAndYoga) said...

have a great weekend, erica! and i can tell you have had a BUSY and insane week. Here's to things calming down a bit for you. good luck at the dr's appt :)

janetha said...

have a fun and happy holiday! love your face!

Krista said...

Isn't it awesome that its Friday? I have a 3 day weekend, too! Hope you have a blast at whatever you get up to! :)

BroccoliHut said...

Ooh! I've always wanted to try cooking in a foil pack.

stephanie @cookinfanatic said...

oh grilled corn, how i love thee! corn is soooo good right now, these look fabulous! have a great holiday weekend girl :)

CaSaundraLeigh said...

This week seemed crazier than usual for me as well..except I don't have a three day weekend; lucky you! Hope you guys have a great 4th! I'm sure you will :-)

Julie said...

we're not friends anymore. i didn't win.

...hahaha could you imagine if i was a brat like that. it's a good thing i'm not..

hope you and josh man have a fun and RELAXING holiday!!!! make sure to make LOTS of goodies and scrumptious treats :)

<3 you girlfraaan

Melissa @ For the Love of Health said...

Everything looks fantastic! Enjoy your long weekend! Check out my blog for my giveaway!

vanillasugar said...

have a wonderful weekend holiday!
i am home sick with a bad cold & ear infection. great eh? and the weather is just perfect, no humidity. ohhh i'm so sad. lol

Heatha said...

I love, love, love corn on the cob on the grill!! Yum!

Have a fantastic 4th! I'll be spending some of the time learning the new Group Power choreography... :)