Meghann's Perfectly Portioned Shepherd's Pie
3/4 cup cooked Lentils
1/4 cup Chicken Broth
1 tablespoon WW Flour
1/4 cup Corn
1/4 cup of Green Beans ( or Peas)
1 small Sweet Potato
- On the stove top heat up the lentils and onion.
- In a small bowl mix the chicken broth and flour and pour over the lentils
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 5 -10 minutes or until sauce reduces
- Once sauce appears thick add the corn, green beans and spices
- Peel the sweet potato and microwave for 4 minutes
- Mash the soft sweet potato with some chicken broth
- Place the lentil combination in the mini loaf pan and then layer mashed sweet potato on top.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes, remove top with cheese and bake for 5 more minutes