Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Chocolate Chip Espresso Cookies, Chicken Mozzarella

Ok, I'm all packed and ready for my trip! As part of my preparation, I made some cookies for the ride. Warning if you love coffee and espresso, you are going to LOVE these cookies. I found the recipe for the cookies on the blog 101 Cookbooks. This blog is amazing! I have like 3 or 4 recipes I plan on making from this blog! Any who, onto the cookies. I adjusted the recipe a bit- 1. I cut it in half, 2. I only used chocolate chunks vs . chocolate chips and chocolate covered expresso beans, 3. I cut down on the sugar a bit- here is the recipe:


Ingredients:

1 1/4 whole wheat flour
1 tablespoon espresso
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 cup cocoa
1 stick unsalted butter
2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
Chocolate chunks

Directions

Preheat oven to 375.

Mix dry ingredients (flour, espresso, baking soda, baking powder, cocoa) in big bowl. In a separate bowl, beat butter until fluffy. Beat in sugar and brown sugar. Next beat in egg and vanilla.

Slowly add in dry ingredients until completely combined. Mix in chocolate chunks. Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto a cookie sheet. Bake 9-10 minutes. Enjoy!
I also made chicken mozzarella for dinner. I used my chicken recipe I posted about here, but used Italian seasoning rather than paprika. Once the chicken was cooked through, I topped it with pasta sauce and reduced fat mozzarella cheese. I served it with a side of pasta. Yummy.

4 comments:

chandra said...

YUM!! Those both look A.MAZING!

Have fun!!

Anonymous said...

can I get the espresso NOW so I have the energy to make the cookies?

have a great thursday.

Miz.

Anonymous said...

YUMMY! I love chocolate and espresso - should be a match made in heaven! That chicken looks amazing too.

Have a great trip!

ExpandForFree said...

Would you like your blog to gain more popularity? Please visit my blog at http://expandforfree.blogspot.com which provides a free Blog Expansion service.

btw, those recipes look delicious!