How was your weekend? Mine was great- lots of time with this peanut:
Such a great running partner! We also had a good amount of family time, including brunch at Josh’s parent’s house. Josh’s Dad makes the best coffee:
We also went out for Mexican food. Looks like the peanut likes chips, guacamole & salsa as much as I do (note: she didn’t actually take a full on bite of the guacamole haha):
For brunch at Josh’s parents, I brought strawberry muffins. They are refined sugar and dairy free. I used this awesome weelicious recipe with a couple tiny changes:
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/2 cup honey or agave nectar (I used agave)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine the first 3 ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk egg and add milk, oil, agave, vanilla and stir.
- Using a standing mixer or hand mixer, slowly combine the dry ingredients with the wet until incorporated (try not to over mix the batter).
- Add the strawberries to the batter and slowly combine.
- Line or grease a mini muffin tin and fill 2/3 of the way with batter.
- Bake for ~15 minutes or until toothpick tester comes out clean.
- Cool and serve.
Have a good one!