Sunday, November 10, 2013

Whole30 & Lately

So…I haven’t been posting many recipes lately. A big reason for that is my food selections for the last couple of weeks have been less recipe based. 16 days ago, I started the Whole30.  I have had some minor health issues going on for years and decided to give it a go. I’m usually very anti elimination “diets”, but I figured for 30 days…I could TRY it.

IMG_5164

So what does this mean? Well, for the last 16 days I have had (for the most part) NO added sugars (real or fake including honey, agave, maple syrup- all no nos), NO grains, NO dairy, NO legumes (including my beloved peanut butter). Basically, I’ve been eating a lot of meat, fruits & vegetables. For the first week, I thought I was going to take someone out. I was grumpy and miserable. During week 2, I started to feel much better and noticed some changes in my skin and overall health. Hopefully I can finish these last two weeks strong. I had a dream last night that I was eating a bowl of ice cream topped with pretzels.

What else has been going on? The usual- teaching at the gym, working, and spending lots of time with these two:

4 We took our Christmas card pictures today. It was a blast. We had an amazing photographer- Josh’s sister Jenny! More to come.

I’ve also been running a good deal. Starting to train for another race..TBD:

IMG_5136

And I’ve been eating at Verde! I seriously love this place. They have the best salads.

 IMG_5138

 Christina, me & one of the owners, Jennifer:

IMG_5140

Even Kay got in on the Verde action:

 IMG_5161  What have you been up to?

No comments: