Saturday, August 11, 2012

Chobani Pineapple Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins

Mmmm…mini muffins:

IMG_1539

As soon as I received my shipment of 16 oz containers of Chobani (thank you Chobani- disclaimer: I received the Chobani for free), I knew I wanted to make muffins with some of the yogurt. I’m sure you’ve heard…but just in case you haven’t, Chobani is now making 16 oz containers of so many awesome (blended) flavors.

Josh and I both love pineapple and chocolate covered pineapple, so I figured pineapple chocolate chip muffins would be delicious. I grabbed my 16 oz container of pineapple Chobani and got to work!

IMG_1534

Ingredients:

  • 1 1/2 cups Unbleached, All Purpose Flour
  • 1/2 cup Whole Wheat Flour
  • 1 tablespoon baking powder
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup pineapple Chobani
  • 1/2 cup diced pineapple
  • 1/3 cup canola oil
  • 1 egg
  • Desired quantity chocolate chips

Directions:

Pre-heat oven to 375 degree F.

In one bowl, mix together flours and baking powder.

In the bowl of a mixer (or can do by hand too!!), mix together sugars, Chobani, diced pineapple, canola oil, and egg.

Add dry ingredients to wet and mix until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.

Spray mini muffin tins with non-stick spray. Use a cookie scoop to dish out even amounts of batter.

Bake for 12-14 minutes. Makes ~28 mini muffins

IMG_1535

IMG_1540

mmmmm!

I just wanted to give a shout out to an AWESOME Charleston area business- Belva’s. Josh ordered flowers for me for our anniversary. The flowers were incredibly gorgeous (hydrangea and 5 roses for our 5th anniversary). Unfortunately, the flowers didn’t hold up long. I sent an email into the florist just to let them know and the SAME day, they delivered a brand new gorgeous arrangement. Thank you SO much!! If you live in the Charleston area and need flowers, call Belva’s!

IMG_1541

29 comments:

Simply Life said...

oh those flowers are beautiful! I love it when you get great customer service like this!

Lee said...

I just bought a big thing of Chobani from Costco and need to find things to use it in or I'll they'll go bad. Thanks for the recipe. I might try these.

Amelia said...

YUM! I love anything tiny, especially muffins. So easy to pop in your mouth in one bite when your on your way out the door. Finally catching up in my reader after a busy week!!! :) Miss ya!

vanillasugarblog said...

mini muffins are dangerous! you never know how many you've eaten because they are so small! LOL

Anna @ On Anna's Plate said...

There's just something about mini muffins :-) And those flowers are gorgeous!! So glad you got a new bouquet!

itzyskitchen said...

Sooo true!!!

itzyskitchen said...

Perfect!! Im going to try a different flavor next!!

julie said...

what an AWESOME florist! that really shows good quality customer care that they went out of their way to send a new one - looks like josh has got a new florist and you'll be getting LOTS of flowers haha. I think Chobani should send you flowers for making these muffins ... just sayin. OH and these are perfect - just in time for FOOTBALL SEASON!

itzyskitchen said...

Thanks gfriend! Hope you're having a nice Sunday!

teresa said...

don't you love good service, the flower are so pretty! the muffins look awesome, i love that they're pineapple flavored!

Lori and Michelle said...

mmm I need to make these for my mom, she loves chobani yogurt

Jenn (eating bender) said...

YUM! These look incredible - and I happened to have received some delicious Chobani recently, as well. I am definitely making these! Gorgeous flowers, too. Hope you had a lovely weekend!

Stephanie said...

Not sure I've ever tried the chocolate pineapple combo but those muffins look deelish girl!! Gorgeous flowers and gotta love stellar customer service like that. Have a wonderful start to your week!

wearenotmartha said...

Mmm those look so good! I absolutely love pineapple Chobani, but wish it came in 0%, too!


Beautiful flowers :)


Sues

Anne Marie@New Weigh of Life said...

Beautiful flowers - glad that they had good service!

Biz said...

Great idea for using the pineapple - its actually my least favorite, but I'd probably like it in a muffin.

Michelle Pfennighaus, CHC said...

Pineapple chocolate sounds like a good combo to me!

Faith said...

Wow, that is awesome customer service -- and those flowers are gorgeous! The muffins look killer!

CorrieAnne said...

I love pineapple muffins. Awesome recipe!!!

Autumn said...

I love mini muffins! This is my least favorite chobani flavor, but pineapple and chocolate combo is so tasty!

Kitchen Belleicious said...

i love that they are mini and the use of the yogurt i them is perfect!

candice said...

Yum! I am excited to make these for the twins snack! Maybe even breakfast ;)

carla birnberg said...

Im attempting these today!!

Christina said...

I am loving the pineapple chocolate chip combo! Looks delicious! :)

Kerstin said...

What cute little tasty muffins. Pineapple Chobani is my favorite flavor!

Shannon G said...

that's my favorite flavor, so I'm loving these muffins :)

Maria said...

Yay for Chobani! And the flowers are gorgeous!

Aggie said...

I am so happy you posted these muffins! I've been in muffin making mood for kid school lunches and snacks, I wanted to make some with yogurt, these sound awesome (love pineapple + chocolate!)...those flowers are GORGEOUS! :) Happy anniversary!

Ca4ole said...

Hi there.
Food on Friday: Pineapple is open for entries. This looks like a neat one! I do hope you link it in. This is the
link
. Cheers