Baby & bridal showers and weddings…my summer is FULL of them! I actually really enjoy showers- especially baby showers. Seeing all the cute baby clothes and the adorable mama’s to be? I can’t get enough! Recently, I attended my friend Lindsay’s shower. You may remember her, as she used to be a blogger!
Her friend Madeleine did a great job pulling everything together:
I contributed two items, Paula Deen’s spinach salad (I subbed sunflower seeds and slivered almonds for the pecans):
and my friend Jordan’s pasta salad. Jordan and I were friends in college. After college, he and Josh moved in together…and then I moved in. Jordan was a good sport about having me around… and he shared with me the best pasta salad recipe. Its not super healthy…but it is super delicious:
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 package, Good Seasons pack of dry Italian dressing mix
- 3/4 box pasta, cooked according to package directions
- 2 stalks celery, chopped,
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 carrots, chopped
- cheese (your choice on type and quantity), cut into cubes
- salami (your choice on type and quantity), cut into cubes
Mix together white vinegar, sugar, vegetable oil and dressing mix. Stir in all other ingredients. Let mixture chill in the fridge for a few hours and serve (mix before serving)
On a side note, DiGiorno recently gave me coupons to try out their new pizzas (disclaimer: I received these coupons for free). According to DiGiorno:
- New DIGIORNO Pizza Dipping Strips are a great-tasting shareable take on the celebrated pizza experience. They feature the delicious combination of a DIGIORNO thick crust pizza, in twelve easy pull-apart strips, and two dipping sauces – zesty marinara and creamy garlic. DIGIORNO Pizza Dipping Strips are available in three varieties – DiGiorno Pepperoni Pizza Dipping Strips, DiGiorno Three Meat Pizza Dipping Strips, and DiGiorno Four Cheese Pizza Dipping Strips
- New DIGIORNO Italian Style Favorites deliver a collection of three Italian-inspired, premium varieties on a rising crust with a touch of olive oil and herbs. DIGIORNO Pizza Italian Style Favorites are available in three varieties – DiGiorno Italian Style Favorites Meatball Marinara pizza, DiGiorno Italian Style Favorites Chicken Parmesan pizza, and DiGiorno Italian Style Favorites Meat Trio pizza.
Unfortunately…my store was out of both! So, I picked up two of their rising crust pizzas to test out:
Both pizzas cooked up in about 20 minutes. We had a friend over to taste test with us and served the pizzas with a side of fruit:
While I normally prefer a thin crust pizza, the crust on this pizza was fluffy and delicious! We preferred the cheese over the peperoni, but both were good. Want to try DiGiorno?? I have four coupons to giveaway to four winners! To enter, tell me your favorite pizza topping. The winners will be randomly selected (you do not have to be a blogger to enter). The contest will be open until Monday, July 16 at noon.