Love homemade fried rice! Such a great way to use up leftover vegetables and it couldn’t be easier. I posted my original fried rice recipe here. When my House of Tsang package arrived (disclaimer: I received these products for free), I was excited to see the package contained sesame oil (which I had never used before). I decided to revamp my fried rice a bit and add the oil.
Easy Shrimp Fried Rice with Sesame Oil:
- 1 bag of Success 10 minute brown rice, cooked according to package directions
- 1/2 lb of shrimp, boiled/cooked through
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 egg + 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- Desired quantity soy sauce (I used House of Tsang Ginger Flavored Soy Sauce)
Add oil and garlic to a wok or frying pan. Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes. Add egg & egg white, scramble and cook through. Add cooked rice, shrimp, peas and corn and cook for ~ 5 minutes. Remove from heat and toss in sesame oil and desired amount of soy sauce.
The outcome is so yummy! The sesame oil really adds that special something! Yum!! Have you used sesame oil before?