- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onions (~2.4 oz)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup medium-diced carrots (~4.2 oz)
- 1/2 cup medium-diced red boiling potatoes (~2.15 oz)
- 1/2 pound dried split green peas (I actually ended up only using about 0.4 lb)
- 4 cups vegetable broth
In a 4-quart stockpot on medium heat, saute the onions and garlic with the olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper until the onions are translucent, 10 to 15 minutes. Add the carrots, potatoes, split peas, and vegetable stock. Bring to a boil, then simmer uncovered for 60 minutes, or until all the peas are soft. Stir frequently to keep the solids from burning on the bottom. Taste for salt and pepper.
Prior to blending:
For me, this made 3- 1 cup servings. I tried to calculate out the nutritional information and came out with the following (don't hold me to this ;)):~260 calories, 4.2 g fat, 0.9 g sat fat, 22.2 g protein, 16.5 g fiber. It is slightly sweet and very tasty.
Off to teach Attack! Have a wonderful afternoon/evening.