Sunday, April 13, 2014

Awesome Saturday (5th Half)

How are you? Long time, no blog. Things have been busy (in a good way!). This past Saturday, Josh and I took Kaylin up to Columbia, SC. On Saturday morning, I ran my fifth half marathon, the Palmetto Half Marathon.

IMG_6559

IMG_6564

The race started at 7 AM, so it was just starting to get light:

 IMG_6565

Living in Charleston, I’m used to very flat races. This race was full of rolling hills. I pushed through, and was thrilled to see this sign:

IMG_6566

I never look at how fast I’m running during a race and there were no pacers…so I didn’t know how I was doing. The hills had my head all out of whack and I was just hoping to finish under 2 hours…so I was thrilled when I saw my final official time of 1 hour 47 minutes and 14 seconds.

IMG_6567 

Whoop!

IMG_6569

After a quick breakfast and shower, Josh and I took Kaylin to the Riverbanks Zoo. We had an absolute blast!! Kay loved the elephants & monkeys. If you ever go to this zoo, definitely buy your tickets online ahead of time. This saved us at least 45 minutes yesterday:

 IMG_6580

 IMG_6581

 IMG_6582

 IMG_6583

We drove home and had a lovely dinner and swim at Josh’s parents house. I didn’t take any pictures, but should have- their house is breathtaking! Today, I am planning a little recovery walk, laundry, and Easter bunny shopping. What have you been up to?

No comments: