Sunday, September 1, 2013

Brunch (Crock Pot Oatmeal)

It has been a WONDERFUL weekend so far! Friday, Josh got back from 7 days of travel. Kay, Frank & I were thrilled to see him. We went to Qdoba for dinner and Kay had their quesadilla for the first time. She liked it dipped in applesauce:

IMG_4757

Saturday morning, I taught Body Step and then Kaylin and I attended her friend Nevin’s first birthday. She got all fancied up:

  IMG_4761

I brought dozens of cookies to the party, but didn’t get a really good picture :(. I made gluten free, dairy free chocolate puddles, chocolate chippers & sugar cookies. They seemed to be a hit. After lots of swimming, Kaylin was cooked:

 IMG_4762

Kaylin took a longgggg nap, and then we went to Josh’s parents house to spend time with his brother and girlfriend who were in town visiting. It was so awesome to catch up with them! Josh’s Mom makes the best meals. I was so into the conversations that I didn’t get a chance to take many pictures, except for dessert. She made mudslide/Mississippi mud pie for the crowd and a small graham crust topped with fruit for me/Kay:

 IMG_4763

I got up early this morning to put together a brunch for everyone. I had fresh fruit:

 IMG_4764

Tons of Chobani and homemade granola:

 IMG_4765

Beverage station with coffee, fruity water & orange juice:

 IMG_4766

Healthy egg muffins with broccoli and cheddar (served with fresh tomato and avocado):

IMG_4768

IMG_4769

and crock pot oatmeal. I’ve made this before, but this time I adjusted my recipe a bit and used Love Grown’s super oats:

IMG_4767

Ingredients:

  • 2 cups oats (or love grown super oats)
  • 4 cups water
  • 1 cup milk or almond milk
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • desired quantity cinnamon

Directions:

Place all ingredients in the crock pot, stir. Cook on low for ~5 hours. Serve with additional milk and more cinnamon!

After brunch, we all went for a nice walk. Kay is napping and I’m getting ready to teach pump! And…tomorrow is my birthday! What are you up to?

Justin’s girlfriend, Kate, & Kaylin (and stuffed Franky):

IMG_4771

No comments: